Beautiful Gadsisar Sagar Lake in Jaisalmer - World Famous Lake
World famous Gadisar sagar lake is one of top tourist spot in Jaisalmer. To book tour package or trip at jaisalmer call at +91 7340061832 or SKYPE SaviHotelsAndResorts.
Beautiful Gadsisar Lake
The Gadsisar Lake is popular as one of the most beautiful tourist spots in Jaisalmer. This beautiful Gasisar lake was constructed during king Raja Rawal Jaisal, the first ruler of the city Jaisalmer. Later, King Garisisar Singh revamped this lake with new name “Gadsisar lake”. Initially, this lake was used as source drinking water purpose. The entrance to the Gdsisar lake is through Tilon-Ki-Pol and this entrance way is made up of magnificent and attractively carved yellow sandstones. In 1908, The Tilon Ki Pol is decorated with an idol of the Lord Vishnu.
Exciting Sightseeing Things around Gadsisar lake
Many attractive things like Chattris, Ghats, Temples and Shrines are located around the Gadsisar lakes like eye catching ornaments. The evening time reflection of such light decorated temples and other things in the water of lake and various colored migratory birds from Bharatpur sanctuary, make the view of lake amazing and exciting. The first ray of the sun in the morning and the afternoon or evening time ray of the sun are impressively reflected in the water of lake.
The Gadsisar lake is located at 2 km distance from Jaisalmer railway station. The visitors can hire auto or rickshaw to reach this beautiful heritage place.
Entrance Fees for Gasisar Lake
No charges are applicable for entry to Gasisar lake area and the boat riding activities are chargeable at INR 10 or 50 or 100 for different types of boats like paddle boat, row boat, and a shikara respectively. The boats rides take around 30 minutes to roam around the lake The lake is open for visitors for 24 x7 hours, but the boat riding is available between 8 am to 8 pm and the total visit duration would be 1 to 2 hours.
Do and Don’t
1. Don’t visit Gadsisar lake during sunny days.
2. No sufficient space available for parking and hence, come with pre arrangement.
3. Since, limited numbers of boats are available to get ride, you should provision sufficient time to hire a boat and you have to stand in the long queue for the same.
4. Without walking around the lake to visit all amazing things, your tour couldn’t be completed.
5. Boat rides are greatly cheering and soothing and mental status will be relaxed and don’t forget to carry pairs of binoculars and SLR cameras to take snapshots or recording the amazing scenes.
6. As Jaisalmer fort is located near Gadsisar lake, you need to make a combined trip to Jaisalmer fort, Gadsisar lake and other nearby tourist spots.
7. A travel guide is much valuable for you to describe all historical background behind all things.
8. The recommended visit time is between October to March.
Nearest popular Restaurants
Lake View Restaurant
Hotel Hayyat Jaisalmer
Kabab Corner Restaurant
The Jaisal Treat
The Spiced Bite
Are you really excited to have a safe and secured journey to Jaisalmer? Contact us for an affordable price. We will be happy to arrange everything like lodging and boarding for your entire trip just in reasonable price. You can have unforgettable trip here.
Jaisalmer Tour Travel Services are a perfect spot to book your tour and travel package in Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Rajasthan or any where in India or Abroad. We have long chain of hotels and resorts with complete tour and travels services. For any types of query feel free to call or WhatsApp at +91 7340061832 or email at SaviHotelsResortsGroup@Gmail.com or SKYPE at SAVIHOTELSANDRESORTS.